Lawrence I. Z. Pinsky, along with John-Paul Boyd, QC of John-Paul Boyd Arbitration Chambers in Alberta and British Columbia, and Lorne Wolfson, of Torkin Manes in Ontario, developed a 40-hour interactive course which offers a comprehensive introduction to the arbitration of family law disputes in Canada. In addition to the six day course, special pre-course programs for lawyers and mental health professionals interested in working as parenting coordinators are also available. The course provides the opportunity to learn from experienced, senior family law lawyers with established arbitration practices in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba and Ontario in an interactive remote learning environment.
The courses will be held with guest speaker Senator Murray Sinclair, and will be offered virtually over six days beginning in February 2022 and running until March 2022.
- January 28, 2022: Optional pre-course program for parenting coordinators: the basics of psychology for family law lawyers
- January 29, 2022: Optional pre-course program for parenting coordinators: the basics of family law for mental health professionals
- February 5 & 6, 2022: Day One and Day Two
- February 18 & 19, 2022: Day Three and Day Four
- March 4 & 5, 2022: Day Five and Day Six
Download the syllabus for the 2022 course. Learn about our faculty for the 2022 course and review the course curriculum visit NFLAC.ca