Labour & Employment
Taylor McCaffrey LLP has one of Manitoba’s leading labour and employment practices. Our Labour and Employment lawyers focus predominantly on the employer-side labour and human resources. We represent a wide variety of organizations including unionized and non-unionized, public and private sector, and for-profit and non-profit. Our clients range in size from start-ups and small businesses to international companies.
We have a team approach to our practices, enabling expertise within our practice group and bench strength to be readily available and mobilized for urgent matters such as strike management, applications for certification, injunctions and workplace accidents. We also provide pro-active advice so as to manage risks and resources effectively.
We provide a range of services related to:
- union certifications and de-certifications
- unfair labour practice applications
- collective bargaining
- grievance arbitrations and mediations
- interest arbitrations
- injunctions and strike strategy
- wrongful and unjust dismissals
- employee discipline
- employment standards
- employment contracts and policies
- human rights and harassment complaints
- compensation, benefit and pension issues
- privacy issues and complaints
- workplace safety and health
- employment issues on the sale or acquisition of a business
- non-competition and non-solicitation issues
- workplace investigations
- alternate dispute resolution and mediation
- human resource skills enhancement and management training
Labour & Employment Practice Areas
- Administrative Proceedings
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Cannabis & Substance Abuse in the Workplace
- Collective Bargaining
- Employment Litigation
- Human Rights
- Labour Board Proceedings
- Sport Law & Arbitration
- Unionization Issues
- Workplace Investigations
- Workplace Policy and Contract Development
- Workplace Privacy
- Workplace Safety and Health
More About Labour & Employment
We represent universities and various colleges in Manitoba, as well as the cities, towns and municipalities throughout the province. We act for major employers in the private sector operating in key Manitoba industries including manufacturing, retail, construction, agriculture, transportation, health care and information technology. We also represent numerous Indigenous organizations and First Nations.
Our lawyers are committed to public service and community involvement, doing what we can to make Winnipeg and Manitoba a better place to live and work. We proudly support organizations such as the Chartered Professionals in Human Resources Manitoba, the Winnipeg Chamber of Commerce, the Manitoba Chambers of Commerce and many, many non–profit organizations and charities, through volunteer service, pro bono or reduced cost legal work.
Our lawyers are active members of the Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers and we are also the Manitoba member of the Employment Law Alliance, the largest global alliance of management labour and employment legal experts in the world, with members in over 120 countries worldwide.
To receive ongoing updates on the labour and employment issues in Manitoba subscribe to our newsletter TM@Work.
For more information about our Labour and Employment practice contact Jeff Palamar at 204.988.0364 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Related Articles, News & ResourcesSee All Related Resources
The Employment Law Alliance has Taylor McCaffrey as its exclusive Manitoba member, and is the world's largest and leading management side network of labour and employment lawyers with selected members literally worldwide.