Taylor McCaffrey LLP, one of Manitoba’s largest law firms, is currently seeking a Staff Accountant for a 19-month term beginning in May 2018.
As part of our Finance Team, the Staff Accountant works closely with the finance manager in supporting the firm’s management team and partners. This role is primarily responsible for the monthly reporting that is distributed to the firm’s partners including the statistical and financial statements.
This position is critical in monitoring the general ledger through the monthly reconciliations and analysis of balance sheet accounts. This position assists in the treasury role of the firm through the daily monitoring of bank balances. The staff accountant also prepares monthly journal entries that impact the accurate report of the firm’s finances for the month.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Monthly reporting – preparation of monthly status reports and financial statements.
- Preparation and posting of monthly journal entries. (I.e. payroll, prepaids).
- Balance Sheet Accounts Reconciliation
- Tax Remittances
- Treasury function
- Daily monitoring of bank accounts
- Transferring funds
- Monthly reconciliation of corporate credit cards
- Managing annual payments of professional dues
- Uploading of transactions paid by the firm and to be invoiced to clients from third parties.
The successful candidate must have a strong accounting knowledge in accounting principles.
- Strong excel skills (vlookups, pivot tables)
- Knowledge of accounting software.
- Completion of college-level accounting program or equivalent experience
- Strong commitment to professional client service excellence
- Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams
- Superior English verbal and written communication skills
- High standards of integrity and ethics
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Job Type: Full-time
Qualified candidates can submit their resume to:
Wendy Funk, B. Comm. (Hons), CPHR
Human Resource Manager
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all employees within this class.
Accommodations: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.