- Admitted to the Bar, 1974, Manitoba.
- University of Manitoba (B.A.,1969).
- University of Manitoba (LL.B., 1973).
- Canadian Bar Association.
- Manitoba Bar Association.
- Guest presenter and lecturer at the Faculty of Law, University of Manitoba.
- Guest presenter at the Canadian Insolvency Practitioners Association annual meeting in the area of family law and bankruptcy.
- Learning Group Facilitator with the Canadian Centre for Professional Legal Education (CPLED) (formerly the Bar Admission Course of the Law Society of Manitoba).
- Panelist and presenter at the Annual Law Society of Manitoba Continuing Legal Education Fall Family Law Program.
- Presenter at Continuing Legal Education programs of the Law Society of Manitoba.
- Technology Committee of the Taylor McCaffrey LLP..
- Access to Justice Committee of the Law Society of Manitoba.
- Electronic Courts Committee of the Law Society of Manitoba.
- Extensive involvement in providing legal advice and services to child and family service agencies in Winnipeg.
- Past president of the Rotary Club of Winnipeg.
- Past board member of the Downtown Winnipeg Biz Member and past secretary of the Management Board of the Downtown Winnipeg Biz.
Mr. Gutkin has been practicing at all levels of courts in Manitoba for over 39 years. He has extensive experience in family law and in civil litigation, especially in dealing with more complex cases. Although he has a breadth of knowledge in both areas of law, he now restricts his practice primarily to family law taking on the most difficult and complicated of cases. Mr. Gutkin’s experience in civil litigation gives him a unique perspective and understanding of the issues that arise in difficult family law cases involving corporations, trusts and other business interests. This same experience augments Mr. Gutkin’s ability to undertsand and otherwise deal with family law cases involving complex income issues.His former involvement as counsel for child and family services agencies in Winnipeg as well as the many child custody cases that he has handled over the years gives him the sensitivity and background experience necessary to handle the issues that arise when custody of children has to be resolved and where necessary litigated.