Nicole practices primarily in the areas of corporate and commercial law, intellectual property protection and enforcement (copyrights, trademarks, domain names, trade secrets, confidential information and patent litigation), and privacy law. Significant portions of Nicole's practice cover both franchising and consumer protection issues and competition law related matters from a commercial law perspective. Nicole is a registered trade-mark agent with many years of successful practice in the area.
Nicole has a practice that bridges both commercial law and litigation, having appeared as a member of intervenor’s counsel before the Supreme Court of Canada in R. v. Legare, a case of internet luring of a child. Nicole has also acted on numerous vulnerable person applications and managed large-scale litigation evidence as party of a lengthy trial before the Federal Court of Canada. Nicole is a frequent presenter at workshops and seminars on the topics of commercial law, consumer protection issues, intellectual property and privacy law.
Nicole is an active member of the community, contributing significant volunteer hours to organizations such as Beyond Borders and The Laurel Centre. She was the recipient of the 2010 Manitoba Bar Association Community Involvement Award. In 2008, Nicole took a six months absence from legal practice in Canada to volunteer as a human rights officer with the United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights in Bangkok, Thailand.
- Beyond Borders Inc., Director, Vice-President and Legal Counsel Member (2009-present)
- Manitoba Bar Association, Women Lawyer’s Forum, Co-Chairperson (2009-present)
- CPLED Section Instructor - Drafting Contracts, and Practice Management, Law Society of Manitoba (2009-present)
- The Laurel Centre, Director, Legal Counsel and past-Chair (2002-2015)
- Winnipeg Crime Stoppers, Director (2009)
- United Nations Association in Canada, Manitoba Branch, Director (2005-2007)
- Solicitor’s Transactions Course, Instructor (2003-2008)
- Stroke Recovery Association of Manitoba, Director (2003)