Leo obtained his Bachelor of Business and Administration from the University of Winnipeg (2014) with a focus in Marketing and Accounting. Leo obtained his Juris Doctor from Robson Hall at the University of Manitoba (2017). Prior to his articling year, Leo was retained for the purpose of conducting complex tax research for a public foundation in the areas of split receipting, donative intent and donor-advised funds. Leo has successfully attended the Canadian Bar Association's Tax Law for Lawyers Intensive Tax Course. He has delivered presentations to small business owners in the areas of Purchase & Sale of Businesses, Flow-Through Shares, Remaining Income Splitting Opportunities, Tax Planning and Estate Planning. Leo was retained by the University Manitoba Law School as a lecturer in the 3rd year Corporate Taxation course.
- Admitted to the Bar, 2018, Manitoba
- University of Winnipeg, (B.B.A., 2014)
- University of Manitoba, (J.D., 2017)
- Admitted to the Bar, 2018, Manitoba.
- Canadian Bar Association intensive in residence advanced Tax Law For Lawyer's Course
- Canadian Bar Association
- Manitoba Bar Association
- Law Society of Manitoba
- Canadian Tax Foundation
Volunteer & Community Involvement
- Camp Massad of Manitoba, Volunteer
- Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Volunteer
- Pro Bono Students Canada, Volunteer (2015)
Presentations & Lectures
- University of Manitoba Faculty of Law, Corporate Taxation Course for Third Year Law Students; Sessional Lecturer.
- Tax Planning for Entrepreneurs, Alumni of World Entrepreneurs; Guest Speaker (June 14th, 2018)
- University of Manitoba Faculty of Law; Business Clinic Course; Lecturer On The Impact Of A Purchase And Sale Of A Business From A Corporate & Commercial And Tax Planning Perspective (March 8th & 15th, 2018 at Taylor McCaffrey LLP).
- Tax Planning For Financial Planners And Small Business Owners (December 12th, 2017) on the following topics;
- Surplus Stripping at Capital Gains Rates;
- Pipeline Transactions;
- Flow-Through Shares;
- Income Sprinkling;
- Use of Lifetime Capital Gains Deduction;
- Passive Investment Income; and
- Multiple Wills.