Carrie has a broad range of experience in the areas of Corporate and Commercial Law, with a focus in the areas of Energy and Natural Resources Law. Carrie assists clients on a variety of commercial agreements and issues, including asset and share acquisitions and dispositions, regulatory compliance, surface rights, land acquisitions and the negotiating and drafting of land and resources related agreements. She has been recognized by the Best Lawyers in Canada in the area of Natural Resources law and currently serves as a director of the Canadian Energy Law Foundation.
Carrie's experience includes assisting oil and gas, potash and wind energy clients and her background in the natural sciences, at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, has been an asset to her current practice. While maintaining a primarily corporate and commercial practice, Carrie has appeared before all levels of Court in Saskatchewan and has also appeared before the Saskatchewan Surface Right Board of Arbitration.
- Admitted to the Bar, 2017, Manitoba
- Admitted to the Bar, 2006, Saskatchewan
- J.D., University of Calgary, 2005
- B.Sc.H. (First Class), Queen's University, 2000
- Canadian Energy Law Foundation - Director
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
Recognitions and Appointments
- Listed in the 2012 - 2017 editions of The Best Lawyers in Canada in the area of Natural Resources Law.
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in Canada as "Lawyer of the Year" 2015 - Natural Resources Law, Regina.
Publications and Awards
- Case Law Update in Oil and Gas by Carrie Ho for the Saskatchewan Legal Education Society Inc., Mining, Oil and Gas Seminar, October 2008
- Privacy Issues in Business Sales by Carrie Ho of Kanuka Thuringer LLP for The Venture Catalyst, Entrepreneurial Foundation of Saskatchewan Fall 2007 Newsletter
- Special Circumstances: Dealing with Out of the Ordinary Situations by Kelly Ruse and Carrie Ho for the Saskatchewan Legal Education Society Inc., Buying and Selling of Business: Strategies for Success Seminar, March 2007
- The effects of trace metal exposure on agonistic encounters in juvenile rainbow trout, Oncorhynchus mykiss. Sloman, K.A., Baker D.W., Ho C.G., McDonald D.G., Wood C.M. (accepted by Aquatic Toxicology September 20, 2002)
Lectures and Presentations:
- May 2002 - Modification of waterborne Cd toxicity to rainbow trout through ration quantity. Ho, C.G., Sloman K.A., Wood C.M., McDonald, D.G. 41st Annual Meeting of the Canadian Society of Zoologists, Lethbridge AB
- February 2002 - Effect of ration quantity on tissue burden and cadmium toxicity in rainbow trout. Ho, C.G., Sloman K.A., Wood C.M., McDonald, D.G. Metals in the Environment Annual Research Symposium, Ottawa ON
- February 2002 - What you think should happen doesn’t: the cadmium mystery. Ho, C.G., Sloman K.A., Wood C.M., McDonald, D.G. 11th Annual Fish Physiology and Biochemistry Workshop, Rice Lake ON
- November 2001 - Influence of ration quantity during waterborne cadmium exposure in rainbow trout. Ho, C.G., Wood C.M., McDonald D.G. 22nd Annual Meeting of the Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, Baltimore MD
- May 2001 - Influence of ration quantity during chronic waterborne cadmium exposure in rainbow trout. Ho, C.G., Wood C.M., McDonald, D.G. 6th Annual Laurentian Chapter of SETAC Meeting, Hamilton ON
- May 2001 - The interaction of ration and waterborne cadmium exposure in rainbow trout (Oncorhyncus mykiss). Ho, C.G., Wood C.M., McDonald, D.G. 40th Annual Meeting of the Canadian Society of Zoologists, Sudbury ON
- February 2001 - Effects of ration and cadmium on rainbow trout. Ho, C.G., Wood C.M., McDonald, D.G. 10th Annual Fish Physiology and Biochemistry Workshop, Rice Lake ON
- May 2000 - Sediment bioassays to measure the bioavailability of MFO-inducing compounds to fish. Ho, C.G., Fragoso, N., Chan, T., Zambon, S., Hodson, P.V. 43rd Conference of the International Association for Great Lakes Research, Cornwall ON