Legal Start – Legal Advice for Startups and New Businesses
Taylor McCaffrey has been providing advice and solutions for Manitoba businesses for more than 50 years. We know the challenges new businesses face. We anticipate problems that may arise and help prevent them so your business can survive its startup phase and succeed.
Fixed Fee Legal Advice
Money is almost always tight for startups. We understand that. But we know you also want to build a solid foundation for your company. That’s why we other legal advice for startups and new businesses for a fixed fee. We’ll meet with you to determine what services you need, then we’ll give you a quote on the cost for a bundle of legal services. You’ll be able to proceed confidently knowing exactly how much you’ll be spending.
About Legal Start
New business owners sometimes have difficulties handling legal matters on their own. That can be costly in the end. Often, a simple solution to a potential legal problem already exists. When implemented early, it can save your business time and money. Join us for networking and a casual discussion about legal issues for new businesses in the comfort of our Blackstone Lounge & Patio.
How It Works:
It’s easy to access our fixed fee startup services
1. Attend a Legal Start session and meet our lawyers at the presentation and sign up to schedule your consultation – or – call 204-949-1312 to ask to schedule your first meeting with one of our entrepreneurial services lawyers
2. Meet with a lawyer to discuss your business, legal requirements (immediately and/or in the future), and budget.
3. Receive a fixed fee quote specific to your business and budget.
Here are the services that we can provide to get your business and keep your business launched on the right track:
Select the legal service your business needs and build a package that fits your budget.
Primary Startup Services:
- Guidance on business structure
- Drafting corporate records
- Preparing your minute book
- Drafting of shareholders’ agreement to establish the rights and obligations of each business owner
- First-year annual maintenance of corporate records
- Draft standard loan and security documents to help secure the money you are investing in the business
- Serve as your company’s registered once for one term year
- Drafting of non-disclosure agreements
- Develop potential solutions for you to meet your goals
We believe that every new business deserves a solid foundation!
March 6, 2019
5:45 PM to 7:00 PM CDT
- New businesses
- Choosing a business structure, and tax savings for corporations
- Pros and Cons of a sole proprietor vs corporation vs partnership
- Importance of having written contracts with clients and suppliers
- How to protect your confidential information and know-how
- Protecting your IP – basic steps on registering a trademark
- Things to watch out for when entering into a lease
- Learn about Taylor McCaffrey’s fixed fee legal packages for startups
Katherine Bayer, Associate
Ryan Turner, Associate
Marketing Manager, Taylor McCaffrey LLP