Taylor McCaffrey is seeking a Corporate and Commercial Legal Assistant to join our team. As one of Manitoba’s largest law firms, this is a great opportunity to join a thriving law firm and industry leader.
This position will be responsible for providing legal assistant support to a Partner who is a member of our Management Committee in the areas of corporate and commercial law.
This is an opportunity grow and advance within a firm and as a large law office, Taylor McCaffrey strongly supports promotion of our staff to further their careers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle administrative tasks with respect to opening and closing files, performing conflict searches and managing a bring forward system.
- Document management including organizing and managing an electronic system.
- Provide full scope legal administrative support such as conducting due diligence searches, document preparation, drafting letters, client correspondence, and billing.
- Draft corporate documents, commercial documents, trust documents and letters/emails.
- Complete prescribed legal forms, including corporate forms and compilation of electronic document books.
- Conduct due diligence searches at the various governmental departments including a strong understanding of The Property Registry, Manitoba Companies Office and the Manitoba Personal Property Registry.
- Liaise with clients.
- Calendar management and meeting organization: schedule internal and external meetings, phone calls, and outlook calendar events.
- Prepare invoices, collect payments of invoices, attend to trust account deposits.
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned from time to time.
- Must be customer service driven.
- Ability to build a positive rapport with staff, lawyers and clients.
- Be able to work independently and also work effectively as part of a team.
- Handle a demanding workload and respond to changing priorities as needs arise.
- Critical thinking
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to effectively and tactfully communicate with individuals within the firm and clients external to the firm.
- Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, Excel).
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and implement projects in a timely manner
- 7+ years of experience in a similar position.
Standard hours: 8:30 – 4:30
Job Type: Full-time
Taylor McCaffrey offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, which includes Health, Dental, Disability coverage, Insurance coverage and a Pension Plan.
Qualified candidates can submit their resume via email to:
Wendy Funk, B. Comm. (Hons), CPHR
Human Resource Manager
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those under consideration will be contacted.