Our Corporate & Commercial Lawyers
Local, National, and International Business Law
The Corporate and Commercial Area of Practice provides focused business law services to our corporate, commercial, and business clients. The interests we serve range from proprietors of small businesses to partnerships, corporate entities, pension funds, governments, related agencies and national and multi-national corporations, professional groups, chartered banks, and insurance and trust companies.
The services and advice we provide on our clients’ behalf extend to all areas of commercial and business activity in the public and private sectors throughout Canada and internationally and supports the effective delivery of services in all other areas of the firm’s practice.
By working together with the tax department on business structures and acquisitions, with the estates department on estate and intergenerational planning matters and with the litigation department on a variety of commercial litigation matters, our Corporate and Commercial practice is in a position to service a wide range of business client needs such as:
- Advising on and negotiating acquisitions and sales of business interests;
- Public and private financing;
- Real property and personal property financing and securitization;
- Corporate restructuring;
- Public and private offerings of securities;
- Intellectual property and technology law;
- Foreign investment;
- Local and international business arrangements and transactions including sales of goods and services, franchising, leasing, distribution and related corporate filings and activities.