File Closing Clerk
Taylor McCaffrey LLP is currently seeking a full-time File Closing Clerk. As part of our Services Team, you are a professional who will support the Taylor McCaffrey team, one of Manitoba’s largest law firms and an industry leader.
- Reviewing and closing all closed files that are submitted by legal assistants.
- Shipment and tracking of files for off-site storage.
- Managing the file/document destruction process.
- Maintenance of on-site stored files.
- Provides reception, delivery desk and mail relief throughout the day and/or during vacations or other leaves.
- Arranges for file retrievals from off-site or onsite storage facilities.
- Responsible for maintaining safety, cleanliness and organization of the Storage Room.
- Maintains inventory of files brought to the Storage Area that are to remain onsite.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Post-Secondary education is considered an asset
- Experience in the use of MS Office Applications
- Experience in a similar or administrative role is an asset
- Ability to lift file boxes (up to 25lbs)
- Must be customer service driven and professional with staff
- Be able to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to effectively and tactfully communicate with individuals within and outside of the Firm in person or over the phone.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to handle pressure and time sensitive situations
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Team player
Standard hours: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Job Type: Full-time
Taylor McCaffrey offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, which includes Health, Dental, Disability coverage, Insurance coverage and a Pension Plan.
Qualified candidates can submit their resume to:
Wendy Funk, B. Comm. (Hons), CPHR
Human Resource Manager
We thank all applicants for their interest however only
those under consideration will be contacted.
Taylor McCaffrey LLP
900 – 400 St. Mary Ave
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C 4K5